Good afternoon gentlemen and ladies!
This resource is not the first review, but more than 17 years have passed since I wrote my impressions about my very first car here. Sometimes I look for the same review and re-read it with a smile, how young we were and reacted in a completely different way to what was happening to us ... time changes everyone a lot.
Over the years, ownership has been as follows, in order: 1. Toyota carina (smile on 4S-FE), toyota carina ED (4S-FE), lexus is, Chevrolet niva, Mitsubishi lancer X (1.8), Nissan almera classic, honda CRV (RE), Nissan Qashqai (j11), and was also in the use of the Mazda CX-5 and many other things had to move with different periods. So there is no experience and I will try not to be biased in the future story.
For those who are faced with the choice of buying RAV4 and are only interested in an opinion about the car, it is better to immediately scroll through the review towards the end, for other readers, a review with a purchase history in our difficult time.
The previous Qashqai was purchased new at a car dealership in April 2018, the equipment is medium SE with a 2-liter engine and all-wheel drive. At that time, the children were very small and the cabin and trunk space was enough for tolerable movement in the city with rare forays into the region, pokatushki on nature. For four years of ownership, 56 t.km were completed. and the car as a whole proved to be good.
But time does not stand still, and in 2019 I was invited to the north for work, at first I moved alone, and a year later my family moved. And then the first call appeared, namely, Qashqai is extremely “cold”, even at -20 it is no longer hot in it. The heat came only after driving 50-70 km along the highway, and the work of the climate in general is frankly rubbish. The second moment emerged after the start of long runs on home leave to Orenburg:
1. Fuel consumption (not a critical factor), if you move no faster than 110 km / h, then the consumption is quite acceptable 7-7.5 liters. After 110 km / h, he boldly passes for 9-10 liters and above.
2. Small interior and trunk volume (critical), we had to move the front seats forward so that the children feel more or less comfortable. Well, of course, the trunk of 400 liters did not hold much. I had to shove luggage important for my wife and incomprehensible to me around the cabin.
3. Not a comfortable angle of the back of the back sofa (critical), the back is not adjustable and stands at a decent angle. On long trips, children simply struggled to find an acceptable sleeping position.
In the aggregate of the above arguments in February 2022. began to think about changing the car to something more voluminous. Considering that prices only grew every month, it was pointless to postpone the purchase until later.
On February 23, not anticipating anything strange and unusual, the whole family went to Surgut in order to select a new family friend. I chose between lexus RX and Toyota highlander, at that moment the prices for them were comparable in the region of + - 5 million rubles. Each of them was liked in its own way, but the highlander certainly more claimed the role of a family car.
Considering that there wasn’t enough money to buy my money, I decided to take a break until the weekend in order to find the missing amount and plan to return to Surgut on Saturday for a deal.
On February 24, well-known events took place and, smelling the smell of “fried”, I start calling car dealerships, in response I hear that sales have been stopped in one, second, third, etc. car dealership. In parallel, the dollar begins to grow significantly, approaching 1 to 100, the situation is becoming more and more complicated. Realizing that the development of events will not be the most rosy, I decide to look for what is available and without loans / loans. As a result, I find in the city of N. a suitable version of the Rav4 in the technically necessary performance of 2.5 liters on the machine, but we are 6 in line for it.
Having asked the question, what needs to be done so that we are the first to tell us the following conditions: purchase through a loan, purchase of CASCO, purchase of OSAGO, purchase of "special stages", trade in - we agree))))
Then the wife exits, she once worked as a deputy manager of a bank directly specializing in the auto business and she is well aware of all the subtleties and nuances of this business. While buying more qashqai, I noticed her talent, the director of the salon came out to us and shook hands, as we bought it cheaper than the price list by 29% + 3 MOT received as a gift.
I won’t tell for a long time how we bought RAV4, but 5 times, barely holding back laughter, I left the salon while my wife skillfully and without emotion shook the dealership employees, while the faces of the employees became more and more gloomy and sad. As a result, after 6 hours of negotiations, the Spanish shame and the terms of purchase from them OSAGO car was bought.
Why Toyota — was a positive experience, none of the Toyota problems did not deliver. An indisputable plus is liquidity - I was 100% sure that if I didn’t like it, I would always sell it without any problems and a strong loss in price.
In our organization, new generation equals are used as official vehicles, I often drive them, and in conversations with drivers, the opinion was extremely positive. From what I immediately noted, the agility of the variator, a spacious back row, a very warm interior and a large trunk - that's what gave me pain in Qashqai.
Anticipating the fans of the VAG group with statements about the advantages of the same Tiguan in taxiing, dynamics, etc., I will immediately answer, firstly, sports and crossover are not entirely compatible things, secondly, the dynamics with the same Tiguan for 180 forces is comparable to one hundred and decently faster after 100 km / h, Toyota’s interior is more spacious and better in quality materials, and reliability in harsh regions is a priority factor.
Why the engine is exactly 2.5 liters is a simple argument, for driving on the highway with a decent load, there will never be extra 50 forces. Although in defense of the 2-liter engine I can say that in combination with a CVT it performs perfectly, in the city I did not notice a big difference in dynamics. If you rarely get out of the city, then buying a 2.0 is the best solution, believe me, I am sincere.
Opinion after 5 months (pros and cons)
- Disgusting in terms of the quality of the paintwork, it scratches very hard on anything - the ball hit will be a trace, the wife will touch the bag with a trace, the grass will be hurt - there will be a trace. There is a way out, but it is not cheap - a protective film;
- Not a very modern interior and frankly outdated multimedia;
- Very soft windshield - it is easily scratched by wiper blades when even grains of sand get on them;
- Trunk linings are plastic, i.е. if you are not treated too carefully, then the presentation will be lost very soon. It is not clear why it was impossible to overtighten with a carpet, even on the qashqai there were pile linings and after 4 years of operation they were in perfect condition;
- No hooks for bags in the trunk, ie. so that you understand, having bought products in the market, you need to wedge, rest, press, otherwise everything will fly through the trunk in the first turn.
- Periodic maintenance every 10,000 km.
- Not the most comfortable front seats for long trips. The seats of the Qashqai Zero Gravity are much better, even after a continuous run of 2000 km, the buttocks and back did not get tired on them.
- not the most interesting engine sound on high engines, after switching to direct injection
+ Low consumption, consumption on the highway is less than 7 liters with a working climate and a full load. City 8-8.3;
+ Excellent dynamics after 120 km / h, i.e. limit 201km / h the car develops effortlessly (tried for the sake of the purity of the experiment, no more). But as I said above for the city, a complete set with a 2.0 engine is better suited;
+ Comfortable interior and sufficient equipment, even in the average configuration. All functions work as they should, unlike the same Qashqai where one gets the feeling that some of the options were set purely for a marketing ploy.
+ Adequate operation of all-wheel drive, even in a simplified modification, when compared with the previous generation
+ excellent work of the air conditioning system.
+ large trunk
+ heats up quickly in winter
+ Comfortable suspension, moderately elastic and smoothes not bad. But with speed bumps you still need to be careful.
To summarize, a universal phrase is suitable - a car, like any other with its own advantages and disadvantages. In my subjective opinion, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
Are you facing a choice? Nowadays, all crossovers of this class are similar in terms of the combination of qualities, equal 4 will not give you great emotions, but it will fulfill its tasks 100% without causing you much trouble.
Year of car purchase: 2022
Mileage: 6837 mi. (11000 km.)
Fuel consumption on the highway:
Fuel consumption in the city:
Category: 2022 Toyota RAV4 Reviews